Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break in Rocky Point




The news of the century for Rocky Point is they just got a Walmart down there and they will be building a Sam's Club this coming summer! Wow! I didn't see that one coming. We had a great time as usual at the beach house. The weather was perfect and we had lots of good playtime in the sand. The water was still a little chilly for us, but we didn't mind getting our feet wet. It was march of the caterpillars while we were down there and you had to watch out on your walk down to the beach so that you wouldn't step on any caterpillars. Tiff went down the following week and said there were a migration of monarch butterflies that flew through the city. I wish I could have seen it. The funny story of the week was when we went to eat at Julio's restaurant one night in town and as we were driving I felt a tingling sensation on my foot. At first I thought my foot was falling asleep and tried to shake it awake. I continued to feel tingling moving up my leg and looked down to find a large, long and hairy black caterpillar crawling up my leg. I screamed with shock and dislodged the critter with my jerky movements. Everyone else thought it was hilarious and teased me about it that night. We sure do love our trips to the beach!

No comments: